Section A: Proof of Membership of Peoples Democratic Party
1. Sir Don Ubani is one of the twenty-one Political Leaders that convened PDP in Abia State in 1998.
2. A Financial up to Date Member of PDP with Card Serial NO. 92502 and Asa-North Ward Registration No: 001.
3. A Registered Voter with PVC No. A1463813, Umuiku-Ukor, Asa-North, Ukwa-West.
Section B: Some Financial Contributions to PDP in Ukwa-West;
4. Donated #160,000 on Day of National Assembly Election in 2011 at Okeikpe before election materials were dispatched to the wards.
5. As the election was cancelled, I gave an additional #20,000 at the country-home of Chief Felix Ebere as T.C. Chairman.
6. On my return as a National Delegate in 2011, I appreciated the Party with the sum of #100,000 and urged other National Delegates to do so.
7. In the first meeting of PDP at Obehie after my appointment as a Commissioner, I gave the Party #150,000.
8. At Christmas 2011, I gave the Party #100,000 in my house at Umuiku-Isi-Asa through the Party Deuty Chairman and Treasurer; Messrs. Alwell Enwereji and Uzoma Ogbuji, respectively.
9. As an Honourable Commissioner, I paid for PDP office at Obehie and also that of Asa-North Ward.
10. For this year (2018), I have paid for PDP office in Asa-North Ward.
11. In January 2015, I hosted PDP Ukwa-West and gave each ward #20,000 except Ipu-East that I gave #30,000, making a total of #230,000.
12. Before the general election in 2015, I had hosted Asa-North Ward and gave two Cows, Rice and Money.
13. At Michael Okpara Auditorium; Umuahia, I voluntarily stood as guarantor to about eighteen loan applicants in 2015 from Ukwa-West.
14. In 2015, I redirected a loan of #1.3m offered me to the less privileged.
Section C: Introduction of some Asa Political Personalities to a family of Political Power;
14. Because I am not selfish and ardently believe that the more politically connected our people are, the better it would be for Asa land, I, out of my own volition, introduced Chiefs:
a. Emmanuel Ogbuji
b. Uzoma Nwaji
c. Felix Ebere
d. Ralph Egbu and Barr. Chinedum Elechi to the family that reigned in the state between 1999 and 2007. Each of them benefited.
Section D: Efforts Towards Political/Administrative Appointment of Asa Persons;
15. To the glory of God, I initiated and selflessly influenced the appointment of the following:
a. Honourable Okezie John of Ugwati as a Member of Umuahia Capital Territory Development Authority.
b. Honourable Henry Nwokemgbede of Obokwe as a Commissioner in Abia State Local Government Service.
c. Barrister Henry Chilaka of Ugwati as a Commissioner in ASOPADEC
d. Elder Eze Idima of Ugwati as a Treasurer in Abia State Local Government System.
e. Lady Nkechi Anuruegbe of Umuiku-Isi-Asa as a Head of Department of Health in Abia State Local Government System.
f. Employed effective propaganda to guarantee the appointment of Lady Rachael Esiaba Iwezor of Ogwe as a Head of Service in Abia State Local Government System.
g. I influenced the re-appointment of Ugoeze Ahuruonye of Umuaka as Education Secretary in Aba-North.
Section E: Impact on Oil and Gas sector;
16. Initiated the first meeting between an Abia State Governor; Chief T.A. Orji and the Managing Director of SPDC. The contact gave rise to signing of Global Memorandum of Understanding, GMOU.
17. It was out of my personal initiative that Abia State government surveyed Oil Wells and facilities in Owaza.
Section F: Creation Of Sense Of Belonging To My Community;
18. Successfully led my people of Umuiku-Isi-Asa to have both Autonomous Community and ABSIEC Ward.
19. Influenced the use of Health Centre at Umuiku-Isi-Asa for Medical Outreach Programme by NDDC.
20. Successfully changed the Flag-off of Umuiku-Ariaria road from Ariaria end to Umuiku.
21. Attracted State Government to renovate the Primary School in my community.
Section G: Intervention On Non-Inclusion of Asa Persons In Constitutional Technical Committee;
22. Following my diplomatic intervention when the State Government set up a Technical Committee for the review of 1999 constitution in 2014, Barristers Chinedum Elechi and Henry Chilaka were lately included.
Section H: Resistance Against Lopsided Appointment of AIES;
23. I successfully fought against exclusion of Ukwa-West in the appointment of Area Inspectors of Education in Abia State –Mr. Chima Adiele was dropped but I succeeded in bringing in Mr. Candid Nwala.
Section I: Other Political/Social Interventions;
24. I successfully initiated a meeting of Asa and Ndoki elites in 2009 to tackle the move by INEC to merge Ukwa-East/Ukwa-West and Ugwunagbo as a Federal Constituency.
25. On May 29, 2018 at International conference Centre, Umuahia, I drew the attention of the State Government to the deplorable state of Uratta-Obokwe road. Dame Victoria Akanwa, Chiefs Sam Nwogu, Felix Ebere and Felix Ogbonna and Elder Richard Nwala were present.
26. Through relentless personal request, the Governor Ikpeazu administration has graciously approved the creation of Ukwa zone of ASEPA with my successful recommendation of Mr. John Ajuzieogu as Deputy-General Manager.
27. I successfully requested the State Government to give a car to Mr. John Ajuzieogu.
28. I made sure someone from Ukwa-West (Mr. Goddy Adiele) served as a member of PDP screening committee in 2016.
29. As a Commissioner, I bought a Ford Bus and freely gave to one of my supporters, Mr. Chukwunenye Ogbonna.
Section J: Employment;
30. By God’s grace, I have assisted many persons to secure employment and they include;
a. Prince Ikenna Agu
b. Mr. Ngozi Adiele
c. Mr. Chidi Azubuike
d. Mr. Eze Amaku
e. Mr. Onwukwe Amajuruonwu
f. Mr. Okezie Ubani
g. Mr. Onyekachi Onyema
h. Mr. Ejioifor Ubani
i. Mr. Stanley Livingstone
j. Mrs. Peace Ogbonna
k. Mrs. Goddy Adiele.
SectionK: Recommendation of SSAS;
1. I successfully recommended the following as Senior Special Assistants to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu;
a. Hon. Chikezie Nwobia
b. Hon. Isaac Wogu
c. Hon. Evans Okere
d. Sir Ikechi C. Onyema,Ph.D
e. Hon. Iheanyi Nwachukwu (Ify Bucknor)
f. Hon. Osondu Nwankwo and
g. Hon. Ugwumba Adiele
Section L: Publicizing Asa;
1. I have, through my numerous writings, given wide positive Publicity to Asa land.
2. I created a Whatsapp Platform called Asa People of Abia State and there has been free flow of information through it.
Section M: Vision and Mission,
1. To guarantee an all round effective representation of the good people of Ukwa-West, making sure good laws are made and attract quantifiable development to Asa land.
2. To translate representation to substantial social mobility and human capacity development.
Note: My faith is anchored in God Almighty and my hope rests squarely in the maximum support that will flow from my good people of Asa who, as a matter of fact and urgency, need articulate, effective and credible legislative representation at this point in the history of our people. Choose wisely in order not to regret tomorrow!
Sir Don Ubani; KSC, JP,
Okwubunka of Asa
Aspirant, Abia State House of Assembly
20th August, 2018.